The Minxcon Mineral Resource Estimation (MRE) team is experienced in conducting Mineral Resource estimations in a wide range of commodities as detailed on the commodities webpage. Minxcon conducts Mineral Resource Estimations in line with industry best practices and actively assesses and utilises appropriate technically defendable methodologies and which are suited to the commodities and data in question. Methodologies utilised include:
- inverse distance squared (ID2);
- nearest neighbour (NN),
- simple kriging (SK) and;
- ordinary kriging (OK).
Minxcon Resource Estimates are conducted in accordance with various recognised Reporting Codes. Minxcon can compile Mineral Resource Estimations and the accompanying Code Compliant Technical Reports in accordance with the following reporting codes:-
Reporting Codes – Resources & Reserves
- South African Code for Reporting of Mineral Resources and Reserves. (SAMREC Code)
- Australian Code for Reporting of Identified Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves. (JORC Code)
- Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy & Petroleum. (National Instrument 43-101)
The MRE team works closely with the Minxcon Projects team to deliver compliant Mineral Reserves.
Minxcon focuses strongly on the geological component by generating world-class geological models which serve as a solid foundation to any Mineral Resource Estimation. This is accomplished with team work between the Minxcon exploration geologists and the resource geologists. Minxcon primarily utilises the following software packages: –
- Arcview – GIS, data compilation;
- Geological modelling – Datamine Studio3™, Datamine StudioRM™ and Leapfrog™;
- Mineral Resource estimation – Datamine Studio3™, Datamine Studio RM™ and convert Surpac™ models;
- Open cast pit optimisations – Datamine MaxiPit™.
In addition to the above the MRE team can assist with the following:-
- Data reviews and clean up;
- Data consolidation;
- Reviewing previous or historical geological models and estimations;
- Mineral resource audits;
- Re-interpretation of 2D paper historical data into the digital 3D environment;
- Develop site-specific automated scripts for resource estimations on operations;
- Training for geological modelling and mineral resource estimation.