Minxcon is a multi-faceted South African advisory company offering a wide range of exploration, resource, mining, metallurgical, financial valuation, financing and advisory services to both local and international companies. Minxcon has the critical mass to advise mining and exploration companies on all mining disciplines and to assist such companies in undertaking new projects – from initial target generation stage right through to final mine closure. Minxcon’s consulting services include all disciplines within the mining industry: geology and resource estimation, mining engineering, metallurgy, mineral economics and mine financial valuation, and compliance and corporate reporting. The Minxcon Group works in close co-operation to ensure that all clients benefit from the services of professionals with impressive track records, impeccable credibility and appropriate local and international professional registrations. The Minxcon team undertakes projects dealing with a broad spectrum of minerals. Our client base ranges from large mining corporations and mid-tier resource companies to banks and corporate investors. In addition, Minxcon has an international network of contacts with mining companies, financial institutions and stock exchanges.
Code of Standards
Minxcon possesses the skills base to ensure that its reports are prepared in accordance with the following standards:
- South African Code for Reporting of Mineral Resources and Reserves (SAMREC Code)
- South African Code for the Reporting of Mineral Asset Valuation (SAMVAL Code)
- Australian Code for Reporting of Identified Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves (JORC Code)
- Code for the Technical Assessment and Valuation of Mineral and Petroleum Assets and Securities for Independent Expert Reports (VALMIN Code). Canadian Reporting Rules that govern how issuers disclose scientific and technical information about their mineral projects to the public (National Instrument 43-101), its Companion Policy (NI 43-101 CP) and Form 43-101 (NI 43-101 F1)
- Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum on Valuation of Mineral Properties (CIMVal).
The majority of Minxcon personnel are members or fellows of the following bodies, which are recognised by both South African and international stock exchanges:
- Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
- South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions (SACNASP)
- Geological Society of South Africa (GSSA)
- South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (SAIMM)
- Australian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AUSIMM)