DATA COMPILATION & GIS
Minxcon is highly experienced in data compilation and geographic information system (GIS) services. Minxcon utilises ArcGISTM 9 as a framework for gathering, managing and analysing data in conjunction with Datamine Studio3™ and Datamine StudioRM™, as part of its suite of services.
Minxcon has excellent understanding and experience in capturing new or historical project data (geological and assay) in whatever form, in order to compile spatially corrected data into a single unified co-ordinate system as fits the client’s requirements by means of geo-referencing the various data-types.
Data that Minxcon is equipped to compile and convert is as follows: –
- Historical paper plans and sections – digitised, converted to digital and geo-referencing into a single co-ordinate system (or projecting to other co-ordinate systems) depending on the client’s requirements;
- Historical digital plans – geo-referencing into a single co-ordinate system;
- Survey plans – surface and historical open cast or underground mine (development and stoping) workings;
- Survey pegs – on reef and off reef, development and stoping, capture and geo-referencing;
- Geological sections – digitising, geo-reference and rendering in 3D space;
- Trench information – capturing and geo-referencing;
- Soil sampling data – capturing and geo-referencing;
- Surface chip sampling – capturing and geo-referencing;
- Open cast and underground chip sampling – capturing and geo-referencing;
- Drilling – capturing and geo-referencing;
- Drill assay data – capturing, verifying and geo-referencing;
- Conversion of imperial to metric – unified units.
This process enables the conversion of historical disjointed data being compiled into a single system, that allows for the modelling of the database into a digital spatially representative geological model in the 3D environment.
Benefits of this process are the following: –
- Conversion of historical manual data into the digital 3D environment for security purposes;
- Development of a geological model for exploration target generation;
- Development of a Mineral Resource estimation model based on spatially correct geological data and modelling;
- High integrity Mineral Resource estimates which may be Code compliant or not depending on the client’s requirements;
- High integrity Mineral Resources often presents a potential increase in value of a company or project;
- High integrity geological models serve to optimise drilling programs, thus potentially saving clients significant capital expenditure on possible poorly planned drilling programs.
- The discovery cost ($/oz) will be considerably lower that when drilling.