Job Type Permanent
Minxcon is a leading mining consulting firm based in Johannesburg. We are seeking to expand our services to formally include environmental consulting and welcome an Environmental Consultant to the team. We are looking for a candidate with strong leaderships skills to establish the division and drive growth of the service offering.
The candidate must be experienced in undertaking EIAs, with experience in WULAs, AELS, IWWMPs and/or a specialist sub-discipline being advantageous. The role will require an integrated work ethic, providing support to technical consultants where required.
As an Environmental Consultant, the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, coordination or review of environmental impact assessments and environmental management programmes. The candidate will also perform environmental compliance and due diligence assessments.
- Minimum BSc (Hons) in Environmental Management / Sciences
- Registration with EAPASA
- 3-6 years’ post-graduate professional experience, specifically focused on African mining projects and authorisation applications
- Knowledgeable in environmental legislation and the EIA process in South Africa
- Sound understanding of the environment, sustainable development and integrated environmental management
- Proficient in GIS and MS Office Suite
- Critical, systematic and integrative thinking
- Strong English report writing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Must have a valid drivers licence
Should you meet the above requirements, please send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 April 2021.